I am so excited about humanure composting! Discovering www.humanurehandbook.com was transformative! There was always something so literally wasteful about modern toilets but I didn't know there was an alternative. How awesome to start shaking off compromises, and be able to daily practice more respect for God's creation. This is how they do it in Vietnam and this can transform public health in disadvantaged parts of the world...
I just made and framed this sign.
"Redee Your Losses" - Yes I am making a pun
Which just begins to hint at a larger truth.
Redemption is more than just keeping something from being thrown out.
It's transformation of our failures & losses, irritants, to a pearls that honor God
More, it's transformation of our fallen humanity into
children of God
It's the overflowing generosity of the poor
who know they have nothing of their own
It's the turning upside-down of what's valued
it's forgiven sinners
it's those who are not, becoming those who are
His power being perfected in our weakness
it's our destiny, and it's coming
because
The meek shall inherit the earth
and a little child shall lead them
A convent of Little Sisters of Humility started doing humanure composting. (Humanure Handbook, 3rd Edition, Joseph Jenkins, p. 69-70)

No comments:
Post a Comment